The first Friday of each November is Love Your Lawyer Day
Love Your Lawyer Day, a day set aside by the American Lawyers Public Image Association (ALPIA) to acknowledge the amazing work lawyers just like you do each and every day. Love Your Lawyer Day allows us to focus on the important contribution lawyers make in guiding clients through what can be a complicated labyrinth of legalities.
In today’s article, you’ll find some fantastic ways lawyers and non-lawyers alike can celebrate—and share the love—about the lawyers who have made a positive impact in their lives.
For non-lawyers, here are three easy ways to celebrate:
- Skip the lawyer jokes today (and every day, seriously—lawyer jokes are so last century.)
- Think of a lawyer you love and/or one that has made a positive impact in your life, and share some positivity on social media using the hashtags #loveyourlawyerday and #lawyersilove.
- Reach out to a lawyer who has made a difference for you and thank them personally, or go to their business page and leave a stellar review for all to see.
And here are three easy ways for lawyers to celebrate Love Your Lawyer Day:
- Share a memorable moment or story from your life and law practice that feels good to you or speaks to why you love being a lawyer with the hashtag #loveyourlawyer.
- Reach out to a lawyer mentor or colleague who made a positive impact in your life and let them know how much you appreciate them.
- And if you’d really like to share the goodness, consider volunteering in your community or at your children’s school for an afternoon—and if time is a problem, which we know it can be for so many reasons—consider making a donation equivalent to your hourly rate to a local charity.
At New Law Business Model, we love lawyers every day, and we are here to support you to build a life and law practice you love.
Get to know us better by joining our private Facebook group, The Lifestyle Lawyer’s Club. It is a great place to be in connection with a community of forward-thinking lawyers, and we share powerful free training and law practice-building resources. We would love to see you there!