The following 5 core values embody our culture and serve as a compass for our own behavior, as well as for those we serve:
We Rise as a team
1. We work together with mutual accountability as individuals and collectively as a team.
2. We seek opportunities to support and lift up our team members through candid feedback and positive reinforcement in service to being the best version of ourselves.
3. We show respect and appreciation for team members’ ideas by giving their ideas due consideration, implementing them whenever and wherever it’s feasible.
4. We have helpful and flexible can-do attitudes that positively impact others.
Be Badass for the success of our lawyers
1. We WOW our lawyers by seeking feedback and leveraging it to impact their experience.
2. We continually innovate with intention, leveraging the resources we have as we also seek out new ideas, processes, and approaches.
3. We set bold, strategic goals, making sure they benefit our lawyers and team members, following through by taking whatever actions are needed to achieve them.
4. We serve our lawyers with passion, curiosity, an open perspective, a willingness to take initiative, and a problem-solving mindset.
Walk the Talk as people with integrity
1. We use our core values as a guide that informs our actions and decisions.
2. We do what we say we’re going to do. If we don’t, we take ownership, communicating with those impacted, and using the situation as an opportunity to learn and to grow.
3. We act with integrity and do what seems right to us even when it’s challenging or difficult.
4. We take mutual responsibility for finding the joy in our work and ask for what we need to be successful in our roles.
You Matter as a person
1. We focus on the health of our business for the good of everyone.
2. We sustain and nourish a culture where team members can prioritize their personal well-being, and the well-being of their family.
3. We respect all people, and strive to integrate diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging into our company culture, embracing the opportunity to learn more about our team members, our lawyers, and the communities we all serve.
4. We encourage our team members to pursue their own personal and professional growth.
Build Legacy over the long-term
1. We create a sense of community in our company, which allows us to help our team members and lawyers build the life and legacy they want.
2. We invest time, energy, and resources into our community to create something meaningful that lasts.
3. We plan for the success of our company, our employees, and our members in the long-term, setting goals that build upon each other to create a lasting legacy.
NLBM's Diversity & Inclusion Statement
We stand willing to listen, willing to be challenged, willing to learn, willing to change.
We trust that every act to listen well and every step taken to build trust matters.
Because when we stand united together we can make a difference together.
And so, we stand.
We stand in the truth that Black lives matter.
We stand against racism, hate, violence, and discrimination.
We stand for a world that works for everyone.
We stand in the conviction that white supremacy and the institutional racism that enables it must be dismantled.
We stand for a legal system that protects, upholds, and defends human rights. Because we believe all people have legacies worth leaving.
We stand in our commitment to building a better, kinder, and more equitable world.
We stand with victims of oppression, murder, and those seeking justice.
We stand for healing, reconciliation, and for a united human family.
We stand for waking up and speaking up.
We stand for equity. We stand for truth.
United, we stand.
*A Note On Action: We as a company are taking several actions to ensure that anti-racism isn’t just a word, but a set of principles we live by. In support of those actions, we have hired a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion coach to ensure that what we are doing, no matter how well meaning, doesn’t inadvertently create more harm. We’ll be sharing more about our comprehensive plan for action as soon as it has been well-vetted and considered in full alignment with our values and our desire to create the world we want to see for all people.