Please read through these guidelines, rules and policies in their entirety before joining the Personal Family Lawyer©, Creative Business Lawyer© or Family Business Lawyer programs. You can read and sign the entire Agreement here.
All members are required to abide by these guidelines and the Agreement. Exceptions will not be made based on not having read them.
Take Responsibility for Your Membership
One of your responsibilities is to take care of your membership. When you sign up for membership, it is a recurring one: this means that once you sign up, you will be automatically charged each month, either at our discounted annual rate, or at our full month to month rate.
If you decide you do not wish to continue your membership, you must make sure that all licensed materials from New Law Business Model are removed from your website, social media channels, directory listings, and in your office. Once this is completed, you can cancel your recurring membership by sending an email to [email protected]
If you send an email and do not receive confirmation that your email has been received, your cancellation is not effective. Email again. You can also call 844-785-8532 at anytime.
Termination of membership becomes effective 30 days after your cancellation notice is received. This means you will usually always have one more membership payment after you send in your cancellation. (Example: If your membership payment date is the 3rd of each month and you cancel your membership on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th, you will be billed for one additional month before your termination becomes effective.) During that month you will have full access to all materials. You will not be billed anymore than one payment after your cancellation is received. This 30 day cancellation requirement is waived if you cancel during your first 30 days of membership..
Be the Lawyer You Always Wanted to be
Your membership here is the opportunity to be the kind of person and lawyer you’ve not only always wanted to be, but that you’ve always wanted to work with.
Here’s How To Be THAT Kind of Lawyer — With All the Success, Abundance, Prosperity and Joy:
- Maintain your bar license in good standing. (In fact, by signing up you warrant your license is in good standing, you have and will satisfy all CLE requirements, and will always honor all ethics rules and duties.)
- Ensure all obligations are paid on time, not just to us, but to your team and other vendors.
- Run your business like a business:
- set up your business and trust accounts,
- maintain your malpractice coverage,
- hire a bookkeeping team and review your weekly and monthly financial reports diligently and with understanding,
- don’t plan to do it all alone — anticipate hiring a Client Services Director and expanding from there into a full service support team, on or off-site,
- plan well for taxes — be smart about living the entrepreneurial lifestyle,
- build a lead-generating website and create a relationship with your prospects, clients, and referral sources via regular, personalized yet leveraged communication,
- automate as much as you possibly can using the technology and tools we have available for you,
- create systems for recurring revenue so you get paid for the relationship you provide to your clients,
- use all of the material and resources we license to you as long as you are a member in good standing
- No disrespectful behavior is acceptable. All concerns or questions are welcome of course – just be sure to ask with mutual respect and mutual purpose. It’s what your Membership is built on!
- Respect my intellectual property. I know what I have created here for you is inspiring and it may spark your creativity. If so, great! You may build on anything I have created and license to you and customize it to fit the flavor and feel of your firm. But, it remains my intellectual property. If you terminate your membership, you will need to discontinue use of all licensed material and content, even that which you have customized because it is a “derivative work.”
- Free free to make it better. We have priced the ongoing membership to provide you with resources at a cost that is more affordable than you would be able to replicate on your own. If you have gone beyond mere customization and created a whole new system, I’m always happy to discuss joint venturing or partnering with you to make your creations available to the rest of the memberships. Simply email me and let’s discuss.
If you’d like to know more about speaking kindly, respectfully and compassionately (not something we are always taught in law school!), I recommend reading What We Say Matters: Practicing Nonviolent Communication.
What Happens If You Don’t:
We have a zero tolerance policy for disrespect. If you are not kind or respectful, you will be banned with no warning. No refund will be provided. You are responsible for your experience here.
Our Membership has had a long history of being drama-free and love-filled. Let’s keep it that way!
Ask for What You Want
Each month, we create something new for you to use in your own local community. This is in addition to the weekly articles, monthly newsletters, weekly coaching webinars, and monthly accountability coaching call you receive.
If you want us to create something specific, simply ask. Your request will be put in queue and we’ll do it at the first available time. Our private members forum or weekly coaching webinar is the best place to do that.
In addition to creating new things for members each month, Alexis will also review and edit what you send out to your clients, prospects and referral sources.
Simply post whatever you plan to send out to the forum, Alexis will review it, edit it, if necessary, and post it back for you and the other members to use.
Yes, this requires vulnerability. We welcome that here.
I know, it’s difficult for us lawyers to be vulnerable. Yet, it’s required for your success. So we’ve created an EXTREMELY safe space for your vulnerability.
No question is dumb. All inquiries are welcome. If you wonder, so does someone else.
You are not expected to know everything. We understand that you are in a process of transformation and we are here to support you through that transformation.
Know this: before you breakthrough, there WILL be a breakdown. We want to hear about it. It’s the only way we can help you through it and to the other side. And the other side is glorious.
There are no refunds for membership. You can read and sign the entire Agreement here.
Stay Focused on Your Desired Outcome
Come into the program with clarity around what you would love for your practice to look like when it’s “done.” Be willing for this vision to change and grow. As you hit one “done” another finish line will arise. Doesn’t it always?
Also remember to regularly take time to acknowledge how far you’ve come and how much you have accomplished.
Try to stay focused on what you are receiving, and what is working for you, rather than what is not. This is how you get more of what you want and less of what you don’t want.
We have been trained to focus on what doesn’t work, find the risks and operate only on 100% certainty. As an entrepreneur (which is what you are stepping into here), you must learn to take off your lawyer hat and put on your business owner hat, which means doing the opposite — focus on what is working, find creative ways to go beyond risk and operate with 30% certainty at any given time.
Things Will Change & It’s Always for the Better
The Programs WILL change. This is an evolving, transforming resource and community. It will not stay the same. Forums will be added or closed as they need to be. Different resources will be added or reduced as needed. Think of it as a garden, and just like any
In most cases, we will let you know before changes happen. In no event will your membership fee increase, even if we increase fees across the board (which we will do from time to time). The benefit of joining us sooner rather than later is that once you join at your membership rate, it’s fixed for life unless you decide to add on additional services. Even then, your base rate will not increase.
© New Law Business Model
Legal Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to accurately represent our program and its potential. Testimonials & examples used are exceptional results, and should not be interpreted as typical. Please do not infer that these examples are promises or guarantees of earnings, or of same/similar results. Every person is different, and each person’s success depends on his or her background, dedication, desire and motivation. As with any business endeavor, there is an inherent risk of loss of capital and there is no guarantee you will earn any money.